Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This is a story about my adventure to the hospital.

Can you pick which department of xray i was going to? If you picked Nuclear Medicine you are right. Part of my treatment for my hyperthyroidism was to the Medical Center and swallow a HUGE radioactive pill. So on Monday i did just that and then on Tuesday i ventured back. The first part of the test was to put some machine up to my neck and see all these lines go up and up and up. I really didn't know what that meant. I am guessing it is measuring the radioactive waves in my body. Next stop was to take pictures. I had to lay underneath some machine and they had to put a pillow at the top part of my back ... right under my shoulders so that i can stretch my neck. For 30 minutes i was laying with an arch in my back and after 20 minutes it hurt but i could not get comfortable because i had to stay still. Boy was i happy when they said i was done. i go back to my endocrinologist in 3 weeks for the results and will give a report then.

No comments:

Post a Comment